Laboratory of Production and Drilling EngineeringOrganizational Structure
Head of Production and Drilling Laboratory : Ir. Bayu Satiyawira, MSi
Head of Drilling Mud Engineering Practicum : Ir. Abdul Hamid, MT
Head of Cementing Practicum : Ir. Lilik Zabidi, MSi
Head of Production Engineering Practicum : Cahaya Rosyidan, Ssi, MSc
Laboratory Staff : Siman
- The usage of drilling mud
- Drilling mud characteristics
- Drilling mud density determination
- Drilling mud viscosity determination
- Rheology, Plastic Viscosity, Yield Point, App Viscosity, and Gel-Strength determination
- Filtration and Mud Cake determination
- Filter Press High Temperature High Pressure
- Oil, water and solid measurement
- Sand content
- Drilling Mud Chemical Characteristic
- Drilling mud pH test
- Drilling mud alkalinity test
- Chloride (Cl-) ion test
- Total Hardness
- Cation Exchange Capacity or Methyl Blue Test
Drilling Mud Experiments:
- The effect of drilling mud characterization on fresh water-based.
- The effect of bentonite concentration on fresh water.
- The effect of alkaline salt on bentonite mud viscosity.
- The effect of NaCl and cement (Ca(OH2)) on fresh water-based mud.
- The effect of barite on fresh water and the measurement of mud weight, solid composition.
- The usage of thinner, dispersant, and diesel oil and its effect on drilling mud.
- Drilling mud rheology modification that influenced by polymer.
- Bingham and power low flow model, and drilling mud hydraulic flow.
- The effect of temperature and solid content on drilling mud rheology.
- The effect of saturated salt water on drilling.
- The measurement of cation exchange capacity, bentonite and shale
- The effect of pressure and high temperature on drilling mud flow rate.